Making run-through banners for players celebrating 50 or 100 games
There are a number of sets of poles that can be used for banners stored in the boiler room – see a committee member for access.
You will need to provide
- crepe or tissue paper in the blue and gold Cougars colours (normally around 2 metres, see instructions below)
- sticky tape
- gold or white paper to use for letters.
Here are letter templates you can use.
The Cougar logo can be emailed on request.
- Work out what message to use on your banner, and how many of each character you will need.
For example the message below needs 2 x C, 5 x O, 2 x N, 4 x G, 2 x R, 4 x A, 2 x T, 2 x U, 1 X L, 1 x I, 3 x S, 1 x J, 2 x E, 1 x 5, 1 x 0, 1 x M, 2 x !
- Using the letter templates and gold/white paper, print out the letters/numbers you will use on the banner.
- Cut out the letters and numbers.
- Print out Cougar logo (if using) and cut out.
- Lay out lengths of crepe/tissue paper that will be the background for the banner. There would normally be 3-4 lengths of paper to make the desired banner width, normally around 2 metres. These should be joined together with ~ 20 cm sections of sticky tape rather than a continuous length of tape so that players can break through it easily.
- Roll the ends of the banner around the poles and attach securely with tape.
- Arrange the letters/numbers on the banner and attach with sticky tape.
- Roll it up for transport. It’s a good idea to wrap it in plastic if it is likely to rain.