Fancy making a tax deductible donation to the Cougars before the year end?!
The Cougars have joined up with the Australian Sports Foundation (ASF) to allow people and businesses to make tax deductible donations to support and improve our club.
The Australian Government set up the ASF to help raise funds through public and corporate donations for the development of sport in Australia. It has Deductible Gift Recipient Status so any donation you make to us via the ASF is tax deductible.
As you probably know we have a strong community focus at our club trying to get as many kids playing footy as possible. Our tax deductible fundraising schemes will enable us to do more by:
- Improving the facilities we share with Dennis Cricket Club and the local community.
- Increasing the size of our community programs
- The Better Facilities Fund
We have plans for carrying out much needed improvement to the facilities at McDonell Park.
We want to:
- Convert a store into a dedicated girls changing room, the plans and detailed costings are currently being developed
- Install additional floodlighting on our second oval to allow improved evening usage
- Improve the area that is often flooded by installing drainage and a new pathway plus hopefully a barbecue area for everyone to enjoy too
Our fundraising goal is $50,000.
The total cost of our plans is about $300,000. If we can raise $50,000 then we are confident we can secure the remainder from grants.
Even if you cannot donate yourself if you can find someone or a business that can donate – we can hit the target – convincing the funders and local stakeholders how much the club and local community want to see the facilities improved.
If we can get 250 donations of $200 we have reached our target!!
You can learn more and donate to our Better Facilities Fund by clicking here.